Genprex Provides Clinical and Corporate Update
Clinical Development Highlights
- Announced in
January 2017positive interim data from the Phase II portion of the ongoing Phase I/II clinical trial evaluating OncoprexTM in combination with the tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) erlotinib (Tarceva®) for the treatment of late stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients, with and without EGFR mutations, who have failed at least two drug regimens. Of the 39 patients allowed in the protocol for the Phase II portion of the trial, 10 have been enrolled and nine are evaluable under the trial protocol as they received two or more cycles of the treatment.
- Interim results showed that four of the patients had tumor regression and one patient had a Complete Response, or CR, under the RECIST criteria. The patient with the CR had disappearance of the lung primary tumor, as well as lung, liver, and lymph node metastases.
- For the nine patients evaluated to date, the response rate was 11% and the disease control rate was 78%.
- The Company's scientific collaborators at a major university research center in
Houston, Texas, presented pre-clinical data at American Association of Cancer Research(AACR) Annual Meeting in April 2017, revealing significant anti-tumor effects of TUSC2 in combination with PD-1 checkpoint blockade in lung cancer.
- TUSC2 and PD-1 blockade demonstrated increased survival in mice and elevated immune system activity, including upregulation of natural killer cells and cytotoxic T-cells.
- Priced initial public offering (IPO) in
March 2018and common stock commenced trading on the NASDAQ Capital Marketunder the symbol "GNPX." Completed IPO in April 2018of 1,280,000 shares of the Company's common stock at $5.00per share, resulting in gross proceeds of $6.4 million. Network1 Financial Securities, Inc.acted as the lead underwriter for the offering.
Julien L. Pham, MD, MPH, in April 2018as the Company's President and Chief Operating Officer to lead clinical development program for Oncoprex and expand strategic partnerships.
- Recognized in
November 2017as a finalist in the Fierce Technology Award category of the Fierce Innovation Awards.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities of
You may also get this document for free by visiting EDGAR on the SEC Web site at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, a copy of the prospectus may be obtained from the offices of Network 1
Forward Looking Statements
Statements contained in this press release that are not statements of historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Because these statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, the actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/genprex-provides-clinical-and-corporate-update-300630118.html